Security and home protection are constantly developing and evolving.
The dawn of home security starts with the simplest locks.
Nowadays, there are so many inventions and models to keep a place more protected.
Innovations also pave the way to more integrated homes and more accessible locks.
As such, there are many kinds of locks in the market.
Each one has its advantages and disadvantages.
There’s no shortage of ways for you to mix and match security accessories that work in your favor.
The only thing you need to consider is getting professional help to work the locks you want.
Professional locksmiths have a background in both mechanical locks and electronic locks.
Any residential locksmith who has expertise and experience can give you the best advice on the level of security you want at home.
We are one of the most trusted and reliable names in Vaughan.
We are Vaughans Locksmith, and we offer our professional locksmith services for you.
It doesn’t matter if you choose a more traditional mechanical lock or an innovative electronic lock.
Our job is to set up the locks that will make your home withstand intruders and invasions, whatever your lock choice is.
A mechanical lock is a more conventional lock that you know.
It’s the standard door lock you can think of anywhere.
Think of your doorknob that makes use of keys that you turn around the keyhole each time.
Mechanical locks have been around for centuries.
Examples of mechanical locks
- Cylinder lock
- Mortise lock
- Spring bolts
Pros of a mechanical lock
- It doesn’t require batteries to work
- Less expensive locks that secure your home
- Some lock types need simple installation and maintenance
- A quick and easy solution for high security
- Mechanical locks are extremely sturdy
Cons of a mechanical lock
- Mechanical locks only give basic lock features
- Don’t expect an integrated home system from mechanical locks
- Everything is manual for mechanical locks
- Can present an inconvenience, especially to children, the elderly, and people with disabilities
- A broken key means you can’t access the locks
Electronic locks, on the other hand, are more advanced than mechanical locks.
An electronic lock boasts of features for home automation.
It’s easier to build an integrated home from automated electronic locks.
You can use it without a key, although many models still have a key as alternative access.
Examples of electronic locks
- Smartphone-integrated electronic locks
- Electronic locks with keypad access
- Locks with a key fob or key card access
- Magnetic locks
- RFID locks
Pros of an electronic lock
- Convenient option and function even from a distance
- Sturdy locks and models that also withstand weathering
- Control access to authorized people on your property
- Remote access to other individuals even if you’re not around
- It doesn’t require physical keys to open
Cons of an electronic lock
- Needs constant battery source to power
- Some electronic locks are reliant on WIFI and Bluetooth connection
- There’s a necessary investment in wireless security as well
- More expensive than a mechanical lock
- Professional installation services for seamless operation
Mechanical locks vs. Electronic locks: Which lock to choose
It’s not always about a mechanical lock versus electronic lock dilemma.
Each lock has its pros and cons.
You may be having a hard time choosing the best lock for your home.
It’s not necessary to stick with one type of lock.
As each one has its security level, you can choose which type of lock goes to the respective house area.
If you want to maximize the use of the locks, contact us.
We can give you recommendations for your homes.
You can start with electronic locks in your primary entrances so you can control whoever comes in your main doors.
Electronic locks can also give you a surveillance function integration with your other smart devices at home.
For other parts of the house, like your rooms and comfort rooms, you can use mechanical locks in the doors.
A sturdy doorknob can do just fine in keeping you safe inside the bathroom.
It’s always a mix and match of locks for your home.
Choose the type of lock depending on where you’re standing.
That will give you the hindsight to decide which installation services to book.
Call us for installation services of mechanical locks. We are also available to set up your electronic locks as well.
We are Vaughans Locksmith, and we can give you installation services for your locks.
It doesn’t matter if it’s mechanical or electronic; we have the experience and expertise to keep these devices in the best condition.
Book your job with us and contact us for more concerns.
We have residential locksmiths, commercial locksmiths, and 24/7 locksmiths in Vaughan.
We are ready to give you our services at any time.